Sunday, December 6, 2009

Time for a Reunion?

Yesterday I received an invitation to get together with some of my old college friends. I think about them often as I work at our old college. It's hard not to think about them. I'll be walking down a hallway or puttering in a room and memories will just pop into my head. I know that youth often seems like a simpler, happier time compared to the complications of adult life but I can point to specific things that were... different them, perhaps better. Better is a relative sort of statement.

I don't know who might show up to this thing. Just thinking of my main group of friends from that time there is the one who hates me, the three friends that sided with him, the two that sided with my fiance when she broke up with me, that same fiance (who I'm sure won't be there), and the three friends I was still hanging out with when I graduated. This might be a small reunion or a big one. It will depend on a lot.

Has my 'arch-enemy' (he gave himself that title) given up his silly feud? If not, will his team of buddies visit? Have Heather's friends decided to let things go? I don' t know. I am curious.

The gathering is at my buddy Scott's house in a couple weeks. At the very least I should drop in and say hi. I'm not a good 'dropper-inner', I'm more of a 'hanger-outer'. It's been a couple years since I last saw Scott and would like to catch up with him again. That said, if I do catch abuse for things done or not done years ago, I can just leave.

I think I'll go.

No comments:

Post a Comment