Monday, December 7, 2009

Monday. Ugh.

Monday is always a rough day. There's something magical about the weekend that breaks computers. I believe there was an expression in the past, something to the effect of 'plowhorse's syndrome'. I recall the idea more than the title. The idea is that the weekend allowed the horse a chance to rest and he went back to work on Monday all cold, leaving him vulnerable to injury. Computers are the same way. They tend to sit quiet for the weekend, get restarted on a Monday morning, and something gets overcharged causing it to fail.

The 'entertaining' part of this is that some people like to accuse me of doing 'something' over the weekend to cause this failure. I ran updates. I did an upgrade. I did something to break their computer. I have no clue why they feel so persecuted. I'm really a very nice guy. I also don't have the kind of time to run around the school over the weekend and break everyone's computer so we'll have something to do on Monday. Duh.

Another work day, another lost lunch. This time it was a pot pie that I didn't put my initials or anything on it to identify it. Whomever is doing this is apparently watching me to see what I bring for lunch. I say that because I believe I'm the only one that's being thieved from in this way. I know my workmates. If this was happening to them, most of them anyway, I would have heard about it. I would have heard about nothing else.

I doubt I have anything interesting in my new video evidence to investigate but I'll get to it later. Or eventually. As curious as I am, I need to rest first. Dealing with Professor Koloff's secretary, er, assistant proved rather draining today. She's the one that accused me of doing 'something' to break her computer. I think she was serious.

Ugh. Where's my beer?

No comments:

Post a Comment