Friday, February 5, 2010

Well That's Just Great

“Rosalind Romero called today,” Cuthbold declared with his normal cheerful cluelessness. I shuddered. I know, I had an incredibly hot woman come onto me so it was clearly the worst night ever. Woe is me. It was an excellent compliment, assuming that's how it was meant, but I'm just not mentally set up to take on the concept of being involved with a married woman for a quickie, no matter how stunning she may look. Anyway, Cuthbold said they're busy people so they'll never take the tour. I'll never be in that position again, for better or for worse. “They'll be here on Monday. You'll be giving them the tour.”

I gaped, jaw dangling and everything, just stunned. Thankfully, my brain jumped back online as quickly as it had gone offline. “Monday tends to be our busiest day so I couldn't possibly...” I was getting The Look. “I, er, couldn't possibly devote my day to them without scheduling some additional intern hours.”

This made Cuthbold smile. “Not a problem then. Excellent, excellent. You do provide such a quality tour of the campus and she did ask for you personally. We don't want to disappoint them now, do we?”

I sighed. “No sir.”

No comments:

Post a Comment