Tuesday, February 2, 2010

She's Just Very...Wow!

Have you ever had one of those moments when time crawls forward? Like one of those moments in a a movie when the music gets slow but happy and the pretty gal looks at the hero for the first time and you know the rest of the film is just going to be spent waiting for them to get together?

Well, I'm no hero. Ms. Romero is no pretty girl.

She is gorgeous!

I know I'll get into trouble for being honest here but I'd rather be in trouble for being honest rather than being dishonest. This lady may well be the most attractive human female that I have yet to see. There was this really pretty alien that one time but I need to stay on topic. Wow.

Long dark hair. A curvy yet slim feminine figure draped in a black dress. Dusky skin. And those eyes, those deep blue eyes. They were so arresting, hypnotizing. Her eyes were so...whatever that she could have had a mustache and I would never have known.

There was this period of time when the angels sang and I broke into a weird panic sweat while trying to not look like a drooling idiot. I'm sure I failed. I reached a hand out to shake her extended hand. That's when things became more complicated.

“Patrick my new friend, is this truly how you greet a lady as you meet her?” asked Dr. Castillo. Evidently my expression was sufficiently blank so that he explained himself further. “ A gentleman kisses the hand of a lady.” I nodded nervously, painfully aware that I was touching her hand while we discussed this concept. Her hand was warm and soft and distracting. I went to kneel but this drew further laughter from her husband. “Ah Patrick, you do not seek to pledge yourself to my wife, do you? And directly before me?” Playfully he shook his head at me. Finally, I managed a bow and tapped her knuckles with my lips before finally releasing Ms. Romero's hand.

Her laugh sounded like small bells being chimed by a gentle breeze. “Patrick, yes? You are from the school?” Her voice was silky and smooth as it played about my ears. I nodded in response, not trusting in my ability to vocalize. “Ah my husband, if this school employs bright young gentlemen such as Patrick, does it not deserve whatever support we can supply?” She smiled at me. I believe I melted at this point. I've looked at the sun and not seen something as bright.

Dr. Castillo agreed. “I have always trusted in your ability to judge a person, my dear. If you think this should be so, then I agree that it should be so.”

“We have not toured the school in some time,” Ms. Romero observed. “I think it wise that we do so my husband. Especially our new friend Patrick's department.” She smiled at me again. I melted further.

Cuthbold interjected. He heard 'money' and became excited. “That sounds like an excellent idea, excellent. Certainly you will want to know where your money is going. We can get that all set up; just call my office with your availability.”

Dr. Castillo brightened. “A day spent within the halls of academia! Does that not sound wonderful my dear Rosa?”

“It does indeed. We shall contact you shortly to schedule this Mr. Cuthbold.” This was our polite dismissal so that they could meet with other party attendees. We quickly exchanged a few more polite words before Cuthbold dragged my rubber legged self away. “I wouldn't worry about it too much if I were you; they've mentioned taking tours numbers of times before and they are just too busy to do so. I think we're safe.”

No comments:

Post a Comment