Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Still a Bit Lost

Again, I didn't say anything. I didn't bring the situation to everyone else's attention. There was no 'hey look at this fine peach of a bottom' or anything like that. It's not that Sarah Jean would want me to say something like that so I should be okay there.

Sarah Jean has spent some time with me and has been in my head plenty of times before. She is, or should be, familiar enough with me to know that I do appreciate the female form. Therefore, when presented with such an attractive example of the female form, I have to acknowledge it at least a little bit.

In her defense, she wasn't dressed in a manner that seemed, well, slipshod. Her jeans fit her and neither looked overly tight nor overly loose. Her shirt was long enough so that it didn't raise up to expose skin when she bent over. It was a very modest outfit. It may well be that, due to the modesty of the outfit, she didn't expect me to act in a manner that could be described as 'piggish' guy fashion. Does that make any sense?

If the outfit had been less modest, then it's a different argument. I think every guy has been caught with his gaze lingering on a female and has been reprimanded for doing so with words or a Look. Here's the thing about that.

We may be leering or transfixed or distracted or what have you but we didn't dress you that morning. If you decided to wear a super short skirt or a shirt that's cut down to your belly button or any other item of clothing that displays vast amounts of attractive flesh, that's not our fault. Our hormones make us want to have a look. That's how it works for us. From our perspective, that's what we expect you to want to have happen. It's like going to a store and seeing items in the window. You expect that the store is trying to sell those items that are on display. So if your shirt displays a good portion of bosom, we figure it's because you want it to be seen. This is why we get confused when women complain.

None of this is what happened that night. I had a completely clad bottom in my face and found it to not be an unpleasant situation. I'm not sure why that's a bad thing.

Like I said, I don't understand women.

No comments:

Post a Comment