Thursday, December 31, 2009

A Moment

The house is quiet. Sunlight streams in through the windows of the kitchen but that reminds me that it's cold outside. Sunlight and winter mean cold. My coffee is hot and I am not bothered by the external temperature.

The house is mostly cleaned in preparation for this evening's festivities. As plans will, they grew. At first there was a 'well Sarah Jean and her friends will still be in town' aspect to it that got augmented during last weekend's gathering and now I've mostly lost track of what's going on apart from the fact that it's going on here. Some of my interns have said they'll at least stop in, Mike said he's coming along, I expect Chris will at least visit and I don't know if Julia will be with him or not. I'm expecting a crowd at this point which means there will probably be three of us: Sarah Jean, myself, and one of her friends keeping a watchful eye on me. Not us, me.

For the moment I'm not worried. It's not the number of people that make a party but the people at the party. So long as we have a good time and things don't get too out of control, I don't care if there are three people here or thirty. Thirty might be a snug fit so maybe not thirty.

All that is for later. For now, it's just a moment of peace and resting, a deep breath while sitting in a warm sunbeam. Then lunch, then more cleaning. I'm still finding popcorn in the living room, left behind from last weekend. Jamie just had to start throwing it around. There's always something.

Take care. Have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment