Thursday, April 10, 2014

So Much to Take In

I'm not sure how long I was stuck in the loop of thoughts. I don't even remember when it stopped. Gradually I became aware of the sound of sobbing and soon discovered it was me generating this noise.

Through the tears and the mess of my sinuses I did my best to apologize to the leprechaun still before me. I believe he smiled back at me. I'm not quite sure. It was difficult to see anything at that point. “It's not a problem lad. I said you'd remember her better and you did. Once you have a good cry, you'll feel a little better. See where that takes you.”

My ability to articulate my thoughts was still a bit limited at that point. I tried to thank him but I'm not sure what it sounded like out loud.

As he left, he made sure he made one last comment. “By the way, you're out of whiskey.”

No comments:

Post a Comment