Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Huh

The idea is tempting.

A rush to recovery. No more suffering. No more nightmares. Just suddenly peace. It would be relaxing to not care anymore, just go back to working and playing and all those other abnormal things I got up to in my life. That is what I want, isn't it? To get on with my life, to not be trapped anymore by this grief? To not feel anymore?

Would that be any better? It should be but would it? Maybe I'd function better on a day to day basis but long term would I be better off barely remembering her? Would not remembering her turn me into a different Patrick? One still lingering over what Heather did to me in college? Even if the leprechaun is sincerely trying to help, there has got to be some catch to this, it can't be as simple as just that.

Can it?

No comments:

Post a Comment