Wednesday, March 5, 2014

But...


“So, where is it?”

My aunt stared at me blankly. “I think you'll need to be a bit more specific than that Patrick.”

“My whiskey.”

“Wherever you left it last I imagine. I'm sorry but I haven't been keeping track of that for you as well. I'm finding its better if I don't.”

“I had a supply and it's missing. There isn't a lot of math to do here.”

“So you think I took it.”

“Unfortunately I can't think of an alternative and I'm usually very good at that game.”

She set down the pot plant she'd been moving in order to turn her attention to me. This does not bode well. “Patrick I didn't take it.”

“Then where did you hide it?”

“I didn't. I don't know where you had it.”

I didn't want to believe her. Logically this makes sense. There are two of us here, I didn't move it, so it must have been her. “Patrick, I know you've been through some... things recently and talking about those things is not part of your plan. Am I concerned with how you have been drinking? Yes. Do I think it was to a point where I needed to do something? No. Honestly.”

I wanted to be mad, at least upset. I know my aunt well enough to feel that she wasn't lying to me now.

But then what?

No comments:

Post a Comment