Friday, October 8, 2010

Trouble Gets Deeper

Adding more people to the bar was making things worse. The noise seemed to attract the Professor's attention; pulling his focus from me and turning it to the growing crowd. “I say, charming young ladies you have here, really rather charming.” He turned to me for a moment, a lecherous gleam in his eyes. “It seems a shame to have this booth all to ourselves. We should be more generous, share this space with some of these ladies.”

I sought to give him a Serious Look. “Didn't you say you were married?”

“I don't see what that has to do with anything,” he responded. “Besides it looks like you might require some assistance in that regard.”

“I have a girlfriend,” I noted defensively.

“Is she here?”

“No,” I answered.

“Is she likely to be here?” the Professor pushed.

“No.”

He grinned. “Neither is my wife. I'm not saying we're going to pick any of these girls up, not necessarily anyway.” Before I could protest further, he began waving to a pair of young ladies walking nearby that appeared to be looking for a destination. “I say, plenty of room over here if you would care to join us.” After a moment of conferring, they walked over to join us. With a speed that belied the time spent sitting, Professor Smith-Smythe bounded from the booth and to his feet, gesturing grandly towards the seat. He gave me a Look, which encouraged me to rise as well, allowing the Ladies access to the interior of the booth. As we sat back down, we had them trapped.

No comments:

Post a Comment