Sunday, July 25, 2010

It's Agreed

As it turned out we had nothing planned for the Sunday afternoon of Scott's party. That did not necessarily mean that Sarah Jean was keen to go. “It's nothing against your friend,” she reassured. “I'm sure he's nice. I just won't be comfortable. I won't know anybody.”

“You'll know me,” I noted helpfully.

“You know what I mean,” she exasperatedly responded.

I was politely confused. “You're such a friendly, outgoing person that I didn't think it would be an issue.”

“That doesn't mean I can't be shy sometimes,” she protested.

“Are you scared to meet my old friends?” I teased.

“Were you scared to meet mine?” she countered.

I considered that concept. “Not really but I probably should have been.”

“See?”

I pushed onward. “It'll be fun. Besides we won't have to stay long if you're uncomfortable.”

“You just want to show me off to your friends,” she declared.

I had a clever response to that comment. “Well duh.”

No comments:

Post a Comment