Saturday, July 24, 2010

An Invitation

“Dude, what're you doing for Memorial Day?” I pondered Scott's question for a moment. Should I be doing something that weekend? Do I need to be doing anything that weekend? I'm horrible at remembering my personal schedule. As a result, I said that I'd have to check with Sarah Jean.

“Who's that?” When I responded that she was my girlfriend, which still sounds weird to say for some reason, he reacted with surprise. “Really? Good for you man. Was starting to think Heather messed you up too much. Not that you didn't like girls or anything like that, just that you maybe didn't trust 'em anymore or somethin'. Know what I mean?”

I assured him that I did. “Alright then. You check with her and stop by if you can. You know where the home is now. It'd be nice to see you again, especially if you have a pretty gal with you. Then I don't haveta look at your ugly mug so much.”

I laughed at his joke and he chuckled knowing that I wasn't offended. How could I be offended? Sarah Jean's much easier to look at than me. I see myself in the mirror all the time and it's not at all interesting a visage. “Alright boss, see ya soon.”

No comments:

Post a Comment