Saturday, June 19, 2010

And Then...

If we're going to go through a list of things that I'm not good at, picking the right time to kiss a lady is high on that list. I've had a few times where I've been pushed aside or even slapped for misreading a situation. I've found out after the fact that I missed a few opportunities due to my chronic dimwittedness. More often than not, I have to be told 'we are going to kiss now' in order for it to occur. As I've noted on many occasions in the past, I am pretty clueless about women.

This time, I trusted my instincts as I believed I'd read the situation correctly. For once my instincts were right.

Without becoming too personal, it was a polite but meaningful kiss that briefly became a bit more... enthusiastic and then calmed down again. When it was over, I was politely flushed. For a moment, we stood there in each other's arms and smiled watery smiles. “So, now what?” she asked.

I had no good answer. “I dunno. We can't just keep doing what we've been doing, can we?”

“I can't,” she answered. “I just can't.”

“Then I guess we'll have to figure something out then.” A thought occurred to me. “We're not talking this conversation; we're thinking it.”

Sarah Jean's eyes lit up. “The link's back up!”

“It most certainly is.” I thought that deserved another kiss. Luckily for me, Sarah Jean had the same idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment