Thursday, March 4, 2010

A Story of Rugged Robbie V

Okay, so, there was this time when I was just starting out. Well, not just starting out but, early, okay? When you're that new in the business, a lot of the older guys like to mess with you. Nothing really mean, just mess with you. Hide your shoes, throw your clothes in the shower, put shoe polish on the handles of your bag, stuff like that. Some guys were really mean but most were just having fun, ya know?

There was a dude in the locker room, Gangster Gary McGrew, that just kept bugging me. Loved messing with me. Dunno why, man. One night I came back after my match, all banged up, lost, bummer. Rough night at work, right?

I get back to my locker and it gets worse. Someone took my shaving cream and sprayed it all over my clothes. Rubbed it in and everything. Not cool.

But the guy left the can behind and it still had some shaving cream in it. I was in a bad mood and this was just too much. I took what was left and filled up Gangster Gary's shoes with it. Just the part where your toes go, so it wouldn't be obvious.

I went off to take a shower and forgot all about it. Nice hot shower can wash away a lot, you know? All my negative emotions were gone just like that. It's not healthy to hang onto all that anyway. Bad for your heart.

So when Gary starts screaming at me, I don't know what he's talking about for a minute. He starts shoving his shoe in my face and all of a sudden I'm like 'oh yeah'. He's all 'how dare I?' and that, so I'm all 'Dude, look what you did to my clothes man' back at him. He's all 'I didn't do it'.

That confused me 'cause every other time he'd messed with me, he'd said so. He wanted me to know it was him. So I said that and apologized but then said he deserved it anyway. Then he mellowed out and agreed and we laughed and everything was cool between us. Then we were buds and we'd mess with each other a bit for fun. All cool.

No, nobody stepped up and said 'Yeah that was me' until years later. Turns out it was the Smasher. Said he did it so I wouldn't get picked on anymore. Which might be true or maybe he just thought it was funny and he just wanted to take credit for it turning out okay. Not sure man.

No comments:

Post a Comment