Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Discovery... Creepy Discovery...

The bridge of the ship apparently was largely undamaged. There were dents in the walls and a view-screen that was cracked but the sweeping curves of the design were largely intact. Consoles seemed to naturally flow from walks, seating pods from floors. It looked organic in a shiny metal way. Its beautiful to see, moreso when you're not panicked and in a hurry. “And I thought studying those ship designs were a waste of time,” I muttered. Slowly I walked into the bridge, searching for details of the design from my brain. This ended up leading me to the last piece of the puzzle.

“You found this with ease,” Tina commented, suspicion returning to her voice.

“We've had Na'Dar at the school plenty of times,” I noted. “I know a few things about them.”

“Like the designs of spaceships that are, in your own words, decades old?” she pushed.

“We did pass maps on our way here; I can read a little of their language. And yes.” I had more important things to worry about. “Dave, you've never had problems like this before, have you? No 'weird happening', no disappearing people?” He shook his head. “Okay, so I'm blaming them for what's happened, although I'm guessing it was an accident.” I drew their attention to the figures sprawled out on the floor.

“I thought you said bears couldn't get in here?” Dave questioned.

“Those are costumes,” Tina observed. “That's the bear that attacked us.”

“But it's a dead guy in a costume. I guess that explains why it was such a weird looking bear,” Dave reasoned. “But why would two people dress like animals to explore a cave?”

I coughed loudly and busied myself with the console before me. “Do you know what Furries are?” Dave grunted and must have responded 'no' in some non-verbal way as she continued to explain. “They  dress up like animals and then they [court each other in a vigorous manner].”

“Oh!” Dave responded. “Well, good for them.” After a moment, he added “It didn't turn out good for them here. Maybe it did turn out good for them for awhile but it didn't end well.” After another uncomfortable pause he continued. “Well maybe it ended well but...” Calmly I spoke his name and he stopped. “I thought we agreed the bear couldn't fit down here. They got down here. Why can't the killer bear get down here?”

“Yeah,” Tina appended.

“I'm sure they wedged the costumes through the gap and put them on in the cave,” I answered. These questions were distracting me from the console.

“But its not a bear,” Dave insisted. “It's a something that looks like a bear or a guy in a bear costume. If that came from here, can't it get back?”

As if in answer, there was a roar from the hallway. “Thank you Dave. It's here.”

No comments:

Post a Comment