Thursday, July 15, 2010

Hair Holder

Thankfully making contact with Sarah Jean's hair didn't seem to be enough to fully activate our connection. I really didn't want to experience the situation any more than I did. So, thank goodness for that at least.

When the purging was complete, she moaned and groaned as she resisted my efforts to help her up, choosing to curl up on the bathroom floor instead. Unfortunately being familiar with her general situation, I let her rest there for the moment.

Now that all was mostly quiet in the suite and my mind was functional again, it was easy for me to hear the door unlock and open. I hurried to investigate, finding Ms. Romero in the bedroom, wearing her robe of soft slippery material, and looking a bit put out. “I was unaware that this would be so complicated. You should be naked by now. Do you require help? I can help.”

“That won't be necessary,” I coldly informed her. “Sarah Jean's not feeling very well at the moment.”

Concern appeared on Ms. Romero's face. “She is not?”

“No she's not. She appears to be a bit drunk at the moment. I don't suppose you'd know anything about that.”

She paused, guilt mixing in with the concern on her face. “I just provided her with wine. I was just trying to help. Sarah Jean said...”

I interrupted. “I'm sure she said a lot a things once the wine got to her. I mean, did you think me incapable to getting her drunk if that was my goal?”

Ms. Romero wilted in the heat of my anger. “Patrick, I am so sorry. This is not what I meant to have happen at all. Please believe me.”

She seemed close to tears and that ate at my indignation. I tried to not let it show. “Yes. I'm confident I know what you meant to have happen.” From the corner of my eye, I saw Sarah Jean fight to get up and I knew she didn't mean to join in the conversation, not in that way anyway. Moving back towards the bathroom, I noted “We'll get out of your hair once she settles down.”

Ms. Romero half followed me. “Please, stay the night. Let her rest. The ride in the car will not be pleasant at this point.” After a pause, she added “I will fetch soda water.” I heard her depart.

I didn't answer. I was too busy holding hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment