Tuesday, February 16, 2010

That...That I Was Not Expecting

Have you even been told a story where someone was falling asleep, was shocked by some event, and was left wide awake? Or perhaps someone that was very, very drunk who is surprised by some piece of news and they sober up on the spot? It doesn't seem credible but it happens.

When I heard Dr. Castillo call out, the hormones disappeared from my bloodstream in the speed of the snapping of fingers. I went from a haze of hormones to a plethora of panic. The lady squirming about me was something to be removed with haste, like a leech. Despite the energy I abounded with at that moment, Ms. Romero managed to prevent me from escaping. If I was the bucking bronco, Ms. Romero was the cowgirl out to break me, and she was winning. “Patrick?” she pondered. “What are you doing?”

“Your husband is home!” I whispered, still searching for escape.

Oddly enough, this news relaxed her. “Is that all?” For whatever reason, she began massaging my inner thigh with her knee at this point. Looking back, I think this was meant to relax me back into the 'mood' but at the time it felt like a threat.

I could hear the door open and Dr. Castillo walk into the room. My left arm was still pinned and the efforts of my right arm weren't enough, even with terror on my side. “Where are you my pet?” The footsteps grew closer. Ms. Romero's knee climbed a bit higher. I stopped squirming for the moment.

Dr. Castillo's face peered down over the side of the couch. “Oh. Hello my friend Patrick! Having fun I see. If you require a few moments yet, I can entertain myself elsewhere.”

Wait a minute. What?

No comments:

Post a Comment